- Masks: All attendees are required to wear a well-fitting N95, KN95, or KF94 mask while inside the Grange building, aside from *briefly* lowering a mask to drink water.
- We ask all attendees to bring 2-3 of their favorite N95/KN95/KF94 style masks, so they can swap out when the mask becomes wet. Acceptable masks of a few different styles may be available at the door (for a $1-$2 suggested donation).
- Band members may unmask when on-stage for some series, but only if they have a negative rapid test on the day of the dance. Event publicity will clearly state whether performers may be unmasked at that specific event.
- For help acquiring acceptable and authentic masks, check out Project N95.
- Vaccines and boosters: All attendees are required to provide proof of up-to-date vaccination, meaning a primary vaccination series plus one booster (if eligible for booster).
- Acceptable proof includes your vaccination card, a photo of your vaccination card, or your digital SMART Health Card. We strongly encourage all attendees to upload a picture of your vaccination card when pre-registering, for faster check-in at the dance.
- Attendance cap and registration: Dances will have a registration cap of 150 or fewer, determined by each series.
- Pre-registration for each dance will open about a week before the dance. Registrations will be accepted at the door (with vax proof) until we reach the cap. We strongly encourage all attendees to pre-register to claim your spot.
- Payment will only be accepted at the door (typically cash only).
- Testing encouraged, but not required – except in certain cases: We highly encourage all attendees to take a rapid test the day of the event, for an added layer of protection. However, we will not check for proof of a negative test. We do require that you test in these higher-risk circumstances:
- If you had COVID-19 in the 14 days before the dance, you must have a negative test result, before attending (after your 5-day minimum isolation period has ended and your symptoms are gone).
- If you had close contact with someone with COVID-19 in the 14 days before the dance, you must receive a negative rapid test result on the day of the dance, before attending.
- If a band member wants to unmask while on-stage, they must receive a negative rapid test result on the day of the dance before unmasking.
- Exposure notification: All attendees must agree to notify the event organizer (see publicity for the contact person for each dance) if they test positive for COVID-19 in the 10 days following a dance. The organizers will then send out an exposure notification to all attendees, using contact information collected during registration. The COVID-positive attendee’s name will *not* be publicized.
- Ventilation: The large roof-to-outdoors ventilation fan will be on and the windows will be open, at a minimum. Additional ventilation measures such as window fans and ceiling fans will also be implemented when possible, following Grange protocol. Attendees should not open/close windows or adjust fans.
- No food/drink, except quick water sips: Briefly lowering your mask for a quick sip of water is OK. Bring your own water bottle: water cups will not be provided and the basement water fountains will not be available. Eating inside the building is not permitted – for a mask break, please go outside.
- Dance cancellation: Series organizers may choose to cancel an event based on the changing circumstances of the pandemic. However, at a minimum, dances will be canceled when Franklin County or any adjacent county (Berkshire MA, Hampshire MA, Worcester MA, Windham VT, Bennington VT, Cheshire NH) falls in the CDC Community Level “High” category.
- COVID-19 agreement: All attendees are required to sign our COVID-19 agreement during registration (see below).
We are working to create a shared database of vaccine/booster-verified dancers, so that soon you only have to show/upload vaccine proof once, and then you will be verified for all dance series at the Guiding Star Grange. For now, please show/upload your vaccine proof for every dance. Thanks for your patience!
All attendees must agree to the following during registration:
- I will wear a well-fitted N95, KN95, or KF94 mask while inside the Grange building at all times (aside from *briefly* lowering my mask to drink water). I will not eat inside the building. (See www.ProjectN95.com for where to buy vetted masks).
- I will not open/close windows or adjust fans to change the ventilation setup.
- I will notify the organizers (see contact person listed in publicity) if I test positive for COVID-19 in the 10 days following a dance, so they can provide exposure notifications to all attendees.
- I will not attend if I feel ill *in any way*, including experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms such as: cough, congestion or runny nose, headache, fatigue, muscle or body aches, fever or chills, loss of smell or taste, diarrhea, nausea or vomiting, and/or shortness of breath or difficulty breathing.
- If I had COVID-19 in the 14 days before the dance, I will have a negative test result before attending (after my 5-day minimum isolation period has ended and all symptoms are gone).
- If I had close contact with someone with COVID-19 in the 14 days before the dance, I will receive a negative rapid test result on the day of the dance before attending.
- I acknowledge and assume the risk of contracting or being exposed to COVID-19 at this event. I absolve the dance’s organizers, performers, and volunteers, as well as the Guiding Star Grange, its leadership, and its members, of any liability for me contracting or being exposed to COVID-19 at this event.
- I will provide proof of up-to-date vaccination (primary series plus 1 booster, if eligible).