Greenfield Dance Covid Know-Before-You-Go
PRIOR TO THE DANCE:
- Pre-registration is encouraged for each dance series as there are registration caps.
- Uploading proof of vaccination/booster during pre-registration will speed up check-in at the door.
- If the cap is not reached during pre-registration, you may register at the door on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Watch publicity to know if there is still space, and bring your vax proof to the dance.
- N95, KN95 or KF94 masks are required and must be worn at all times inside the building.
- We recommend that you shop on www.Projectn95.org for vetted masks.
- We ask all attendees to bring 2-3 of their favorite N95/KN95/KF94 style masks, so they can swap out when the mask becomes wet.
- If you come to the dance with a different style of mask we may be able to provide one by donation or for free, depending on quantity on hand.
- Be healthy! Do not attend a dance if:
- you had COVID-19 in the 14 days before the dance, unless you have a negative rapid or PCR test result before the dance.
- you had close contact with someone with COVID-19 in the 14 days before the dance, unless you have a negative rapid test result on the day of the dance.
- you have any symptoms of, or suspect you may have, COVID-19.
- Due to reports of some breakthrough cases of COVID-19 at dances that required vaccinations & high quality masks, we highly recommend that all dancers rapid test before attending dances. This is not a requirement at this time.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE DANCE:
- There will be a check-in area outside the hall under the portico with several volunteers.
- Your pre-registration will be confirmed.
- If you did not fill out the pre-registration form in advance, and it is determined that there is space, you must complete the form at the door.
- Please be patient with our wonderful volunteers!
- No food can be consumed in the hall. If you go outside for a mask or food break, remember to change into street shoes.
- It is recommended that you bring a water bottle rather than use a public source to stay hydrated.
- Please only take brief sips when inside the building.
- Cups will not be provided.
- All dances at the Grange will have the main ceiling-to-outdoors exhaust fan on and windows open to increase ventilation.
- We will be using a set of procedures developed by Jesse and Steve Ball.
- Dancers may not alter the set up of fans or open additional windows.
- Dancers will not be welcome on the stage for the time being.
- If a band has a wind player who cannot wear a mask, they will ensure that they have a negative rapid test on the day of the dance.
- Some dances may allow other band members to not wear a mask while playing. They will also have a negative rapid test the day of the dance. Event publicity will clearly state whether band members may be unmasked at that specific event.
- All performers will meet the other requirements expected of dancers and will wear a mask whenever they are not on stage and performing.
- We may have to pause our opening plan if case numbers rise. While we will be watching the CDC community-based guidelines, they do not account for the high energy and close contact of contra dancing. Series organizers may choose to cancel an event based on the changing circumstances of the pandemic. However, at a minimum, dances will be canceled when Franklin County or any adjacent county (Berkshire MA, Hampshire MA, Worcester MA, Windham VT, Bennington VT, Cheshire NH) falls in the CDC Community Level “High” category.
- We may also have to cancel a dance if one or more performers is ill.
Thank you for working with us to keep our beloved dance community healthy as we tentatively, yet gleefully, resume dancing!